| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
| Zirconia |
|Residency:||The Dead Moon Circus tent|
Ringmaster of the Dead Moon Circus
|Gender:||Female, Male (anime, DiC and CWi English dub)|
|Species:||Humanoid, possible psychic-like projection of Nehellenia|
|Manga:||Act 39 - Dream 1, Eclipse Dream|
|Anime:||Meeting of Fate! The Night Where a Pegasus Flies|
|Anime Voiced By:|| Hisako Kyouda|
Rowan Tichenor (CWi dub), Barbara Goodson (Viz Media)
Nomenclature & Etymology
Zirconia is named after zirconium, a chemical elemental metal which implies falseness (Genuine Cubic Zirconia).
When the Dead Moon Circus arrived, Zirconia commanded the Amazoness Quartet in the invasion. When it seemed their loyalties were wavering, due to Sailor Saturn and Sailor Chibi Moon's words, she trapped the Quartet in the Amazon Stones and trapped Chibi Moon and Saturn in mirror shards and placed them in Nehellenia's mirror. Zirconia fought the Senshi and did lethal damage to Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, but they were rescued by Pegasus. She tried trapping them in a nightmare, but Tuxedo Mask was able to snap them out of it. When Nehellenia was harmed, Zirconia called for the Dead Moon Circus to retreat to Elysion, and she was not seen since.
- In the manga, Zirconia is the only antagonist who's fate remains unknown. After a fight between the Sailor Senshi and Nehellenia, Zirconia has the Dead Moon Circus retreat to Elysion and Zirconia is never seen again.
- It is possible Zirconia was an avatar of Nehellenia, acting in her stead until Nehellenia began taking direct actions herself, causing Zirconia to either no longer exist, or return to being a part of her queen. The fact that Nehellenia's hag form is identical to Zirconia can support this. This does seem to happen in the anime.
- Zirconia's name comes from "Zirconium", a chemical elemental metal.
- In the anime, Zirconia is the only major villain of the Dead Moon Circus who was never redeemed. Though if one counts it as part of Nehelenia, Then she technically did.
- In the Cloverway dub, her gender was changed to male for unknown reasons.