|Who is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness|
| 真の救世主は誰? 光と影のカオス|
Shin no Meshia wa Dare? Hikari to Yami no Kaosu
|Episode:||EP 112, Season 3|
|Air Date (JP):||November 5, 1994|
|Written by:||Shigeru Yanagawa|
|Directed by:||Noriyo Sasaki|
|North American Dub|
|Air Date (US):||July 12, 2000|
|CWi Title:||Show Stoppers|
The Holy Grail's Mystical Power: Moon’s Double Transformation
A House Filled With Evil Presence: The Beautiful Hotaru’s Secret
"Who Is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness" is the 23rd episode of the third season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 112th overall. It aired in Japan on November 5, 1994. The CWi English dub title for this episode is "Show Stoppers" and ir aired in North America on July 12, 2000.
At a movie-making picnic, Chibiusa quickly befriends a teenaged girl named Hotaru Tomoe; a lonely and sickly girl who possesses extraordinary abilities of her own. Will Chibiusa and her best friends discover that her father, Souichi Tomoe, is none other than the mad scientist who created the Death Busters.
International Dub Titles
- Brazilian Portuguese: O Caos Entre o Bem e o Mal ("The Chaos Between Good and Evil")
- European Portuguese: Luz e Sombra! ("Light and Shadow!")
- TV: Ombre et lumière ("Shadow and Light")
- DVD: Qui est le vrai messie ? Un chaos d'ombre et de lumière. ("Who is the Real Messiah? Chaos of Light and Shadow.")
- German: Licht und Schatten ("Light and Shadow")
Changes From the Manga
- Chibiusa meets Hotaru outside a lab building of Mugen Academy.
- The scene of Hotaru catching Chibiusa's hat would appear again in episode 168 as one of the many memories/flashbacks a five-year-old reborn Hotaru regained with the help of the spirit of Sailor Saturn herself.
- When the victim's heart crystal is extracted and swallowed by the Daimon, the victim's skin becomes gray.
- In the Cloverway dub when Sailor Moon uses the Holy Grail to transform into Super Sailor Moon, she says the phrase as Moon Crisis Power! rather than Crisis, Make Up! in Japanese and the Viz dub.