Sailor Moon Wiki Awards Proposal
Hello there! I am Mikitty092393 or Magiko for short. So I am a big sailor moon fan, I truley love the show. I am also a wikia user who loves to organize events! I have been thinking of combining the two for awhile and I finally got up the courage to send this propsoal to you (the most recent active admin) to host a Sailor Moon Wiki Awards!
What would this entail? Well simple, users would vote for thier favorite things about the Sailor Moon universe such as characters, episodes, attacks, ect. There are two ways of doing this; the first would be simply creating a bunch of different categories ("Best Sailor Scout", "Best Episode", ect.) and leaving everything up for nominatation in thier categories (such as all the episodes nominated for best episode). The second way would be a pre-nomination process. The Pre-nominaiton is one I recommend the most as it will cut down on the nominees. Users would nominate the nominees for each category. Then they vote and conduct an awards ceremony!
If you want to see an example or two then check out some of the ceremonies I organized on the PriPara Wiki and one that I helpd to organize on the Aikatsu Wiki . I hope you will concider this and If you do choose to accept then I will be more then happy to help organize!
Mikitty092393(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ 01:55, February 21, 2016 (UTC)
No problem! I would be happy to help! I'v been organizing a bunch of events! I can keep track of votes and such but there are things I would need you to definatly do (such as highlighting posts as this will ainly take place in foums as it's easier for users to respond of if you wish comments on pages.)
If your concerned about turn out, how about having a poll for the users to vote on before we finalize anything? This way you can get imput on who is intrested and how many would participate.
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ 23:43, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
Hello, I would like to contribute to this wiki by offering my services to create new and improved infoboxes. I would like to request permission to cosmetically improve and compartmentalize the material this wiki has richly offered. Including creating tabbers that improve the navigation of the same character through different continuities. I've been getting back into to the series. I'm also a graphic designer and I can create vector files and even create pages for templates to improve the wiki. This includes templates that allows icons like "Gender" to pop up on the infoboxes. ^^ -NWG
If it makes navigation easier without causing the pages to appear disorganized, I'm certainly open to hearing ways to improve the wiki. Can you clarify what you mean when you say "cosmetically improve" and "compartmentalize" the wiki material? I will have to see the new infoboxes, since replacing the current ones could take time, and I would prefer to avoid it if there is minimal differences from the current infoboxes. If you don't mind, could you provide a sample of a new and improved infobox? Magic713 (talk) 16:24, May 11, 2016 (UTC)
- It means, in short I can improve the appearance of the infoboxes. Here is a sample; http://goo.gl/jblq4D. I am also a graphic designer so I can literally re-create icons for the Death Busters and other organizations. I can make the any emblem or any icon appear similar to the gender symbols with SVG (vector files)files. I can also change the colors based on races, organizations, and teams one belongs to. In example I made Jupiter green because it matches her attire, but if you would want her to have yellow to match for all senshi I can do it. I can make this possible and make it so with css, I placed collapsable sections to document the objects, and attacks a character uses to drastically improve clutter from the pages to improve documentation. ^^ -NWG
- Note: I can practically modify anything as long as you have instructions, I'll see what I can do.
I do like the sample you provided. The only thing I'd defintely change is that links be provided to other adaption pages, like the current infoboxes. So the sample page is Sailor Jupiter, so the links perhaps at the bottom of the infobox would be links to Sailor Jupiter (anime), Sailor Jupiter (Sera Myu), Sailor Jupiter (PGSM), and Sailor Jupiter (Sera Myu). I'm not sure about the color changes, but the idea is good. I will think on that one. I am thinking of turning galleries into seperate pages. It's inconsistent with all these pages, since some pages have links to galleries while others have galleries on the profile pages, so it need work. But if I do change that, I'd like a like on the infobox to the page if it helps. I still want to keep abilities and powers on the profile page outside of the infobox for those powers and skills that don't have names.
For icons, if you're talking about, for example, the planetary symbols next to the Senshi's name provided their profile pages, that would be great to provide icons for the villains. For symbols of the villains, the Black Moon and Death Busters are the easiest and obvious ones to provide since there are plenty of references from the source materials. For the Shadow Galactica, I wouldn't mind if its symbol was something like the Sapphire Crystal, but a diamond symbol (referring to daimond suit from a card deck) could work since it can resemble a sailor crystal/star seed. If you have any ideas to add to the Dark Kingdom and the Dead Moon Circus, I'd be fine with it as long as it is recognizable ot fans and associated with the organization in some way. I'll even take symbols from the anime if symbols from manga are unavailable.
Since this would be a big change the majority of our pages here, I'd like to think about it first and get back to you in about a week (two at the latest), and if I agree, I'll make an announcement that there will be changes in the Senshi page layouts. Magic713 (talk) 15:03, May 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, thank you very much i’m glad that you enjoyed it. Yes, I’ll create a parameter. The Parameters on the sample aren’t the full product, I will have to create a final draft to place the “related page” parameter on the infobox. On the color issue, I originally wanted to make all of ‘Senshi’ pages yellow to make it a uniform color uniform. But I had fun with the first one. If you would prefer ‘uniform colors’ I will be glad to take suggestions. If you want it to be based on a character’s alignments I can create a color parameter on the wikia.css page to automatically turn a page a different upon placing an alignment (i.e if you put a character under the alignment of “Moon Kingdom” it turns a page “Yellow”), if you would like one based on ‘residence’ (i.e All characters from “Nemesis” have a uniform based on putting their “home-planet). This is all totally up to you.
- On the issue on the galleries, I had a good idea. I can integrate galleries into the infobox, so if Sailor Moon has a gallery on this wiki. It automatically creates a link on the infobox.
- Sure, take all the time that you want I understand that the wiki should be informed on these big changes, please contact me on my talkpage, so i’m notified. Thank you so much for taking my thoughts into consideration --NWG
What Image Size Do You Use For The Sailormoon Crystal Episode Title Card Images: Size 280 or Another Size.
I left Star a message, but it appears she's not been online for a while. I shall paste it in below as hopefully you can either assist or provide input.
I'm the community administrator for another Wikia page (and it's associated project site) and we've been having some trouble with a troll/vandal who also seems to be drawn to this wikia page for some reason.
I'd appreciate it if you could contact me on my own talk page so we can arrange to communicate out-of-band.
This has got so bad, wikia administration is involved and input from your team would be appreciated.
About your request
Due to personal reasons and my life offline becoming more busy in recent years, I have decided to become inactive on here, but I will come back once in awhile to edit certain pages (such as the Sailor Moon Drops one). That being said, since you are very active on this wiki, I will be glad to grant you adminship. StarsandPeacesigns (I can't think of a better signature) 01:31, December 19, 2016 (UTC)