Usagi’s Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion
|Usagi no Sainan! Awate Tokei ni Goyōjin|
1, Sailor Moon
May 9, 1992
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
September 18, 1995
"Usagi’s Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion" is the ninth episode of the first season of the Sailor Moon anime, and the ninth episode overall. The episode first aired in Japan on May 9, 1992. The DiC English dub title for this episode is "Time Bomb", and the episode first aired in North America on September 18, 1995.
Usagi and Ami go to the city to enjoy some shopping, where they find a clock store selling a clock that resembles Luna. Later that day, Usagi is happy to learn that her mother bought the exact same clock as a gift. But that night, the clocks from the store emit a strange light, making Usagi and the rest of Tokyo very impatient.
While going window shopping, Usagi and Ami check out a clock store which is having a big sale. Usagi wants to buy a clock that resembles Luna, but doesn't have enough money for it since she spent most of it at the arcade. Ami says she can pick up Usagi and take her to school. When Usagi gets home, her mother has gotten her the clock that looks like Luna, though Luna says it looks nothing like her. She has also gotten one for Usagi's father to get him to work on time.
At nighttime, the clocks activate, as they have been charged with dark energy as part of Jadeite's plan. Luna discovers this. The next day, when Ami comes to pick up Usagi, she discovers that Usagi has already gone to school. Usagi's father rushes off to work.
Everyone is in a rush to get things done. Umino saying he'll miss his snail-watching club, and he's the only member. Ms. Haruna has four dates planned so she cancels the class.
Luna runs up to Ami with the alarm clock and creates a mini-supercomputer for her. They realize that the clocks are affecting the flow of time. In the meantime, cars are crashing into each other and people are getting injured, and Jadeite is collecting a lot of energy. The woman who sells the clocks is actually Jadeite's Youma Ramua.
After a bus driver crashes a bus that Usagi is on, Ami and Luna tell Usagi about what the Dark Kingdom is doing. Usagi and Ami transform into Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury. Sailor Moon uses Moon Tiara Action to make a hole in the door, then she and Sailor Mercury enter. Unfortunately. the opening closes before Luna can enter. Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury confront Ramua, and follow her into a time warp.
Ramua temporarily shrinks Sailor Moon down to a younger version of herself. Once they find Ramua, she freezes them in time. Just then, Tuxedo Mask, who has already entered the clock store, throws a rose at the main clock (that is the entrance to the time warp), damaging it and causing Ramua's spell to wear off. Sailor Mercury uses her Bubble Spray attack and Sailor Moon destroys Ramua with Moon Tiara Action. The entire clock store disappears, and Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury appear where it was. Later, Usagi and Naru head for a 2 for 1 sale at the shoe store.
Other Dub Titles
- French: Problèmes de temps ("Time Problems")
- German: Keine Zeit ("No Time")
- Hungarian: Időzavar
- Polish: Uwaga na zegary! ("Watch Out for Clocks!")
- Brazilian: O desastre de Serena – Cuidado com o relógio! ("Serena's Disaster - Beware of the Clock!"")
- European: Cuidado com os relógios ("Watch out for the Clocks")
- Mexican: ¡El Desastre de Serena! Cuidado con el Reloj ("Serena's Misfortune! Watch out for the Clocks")
- European: Relojes en Rebajas ("Watches for Sale")
- The shot where Usagi's cheek is cut by the youma is edited out of the DiC dub.
- This is one of two episodes to only feature Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury. The other being the prior episode where Sailor Mercury is introduced.
- When inside the time warp, Ami's computer screen displays the text "Arrest mode" and "1. Serve the public trust; 2. Protect the innocent; 3. Uphold the law" which is a tribute to RoboCop. This occurs at 17:20 in the English version and at 18:40 in the Japanese version.
- However, on Ami's computer screen, "Innocent" is spelt as "Innolent"
- When Usagi is on the bus, a Minako look-alike can be seen.
- In this episode, Usagi and Ami were shopping in Tokyo's Harajuku district, a place known for its trendy shops and flamboyant fashions.