| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Seiya Kou, Taiki Kou, Yaten Kou
The Three Lights are a popular idol singing group that only appear in the Stars arc of the manga, and the fifth season of the first anime series. The group is made up of three members: Seiya Kou, Yaten Kou and Taiki Kou. Their intention of forming this group was to contact their missing princess, Princess Kakyuu.
During the series, the group was shown performing concerts of their music, with plenty of screaming fans adoring them. In the anime, the group was often shown performing the song "Nagareboshi He" at their concerts, after it first appeared in episode 185. The group was also noted for having an extremely large fan club, of which all four Inner Sailor Guardians were members.
The group eventually disbanded in episode 195, as they had found their princess and no longer needed to continue the search. Sailor Tin Nyanko used the group's farewell concert as an opportunity to attack the Sailor Guardians for their Star Seeds.
- Originally, Naoko Takeuchi drew the Three Lights with short hair, but on Bandai's request, added ponytails on them.
- On the covers of the singles of the image songs for Seiya, Yaten, and Taiki, Three Lights was romanized as "Three Rights."
- According to Shinto belief, the San Hikari (three lights) are the sun, moon and stars.
- Seiya represents the sun, thus she has a red rose.
- Taiki represents the moon, thus she has a white rose.
- Yaten represents the stars, thus she has a yellow rose.