The Shining Silver Crystal: The Moon Princess Appears
|Hikari Kagayaku Ginzuishō! Tsuki no Purinsesu Tōjō|
1, Sailor Moon
November 28, 1992
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
“A Crystal Clear Destiny”
October 20, 1995
"The Shining Silver Crystal: The Moon Princess Appears" is the 34th episode of the first season of the anime, and the 34th episode overall. It first aired in Japan on November 28, 1992. The DiC English dub title for this episode is "A Crystal Clear Destiny", and it first aired in North America on October 20, 1995.
The new Sailor Guardian, Sailor Venus, is also a schoolgirl named Minako Aino. Zoisite, forbidden by Queen Beryl to kill Tuxedo Mask, challenges him to duel for the Rainbow Crystals. Usagi sees Mamoru walking toward the star tower and begins to taunt him, but after he is nice to her, she grows suspicious and follows him. When they reach the tower, Zoisite helps them along in their journey and brings them directly to where he is.
Mamoru and Zoisite both put their crystals in the center of the room and Kunzite appears and takes the crystals before the match, setting Mamoru off. Zoisite disappears and tries to kill Mamoru and Usagi, but they escape into an elevator elevator and head toward the roof, where Zoisite is waiting. He attempts to burn them in the elevator, prompting Usagi to reluctantly transform in front of Mamoru into Sailor Moon. When they reach safety, he reveals himself as Tuxedo Mask.
Zoisite taunts Mamoru into wanting to continue with the fight and promises a fair fight, but stabs him in the back with a crystal spear. Usagi is so upset she starts to cry, her tear starts transforming into the Silver Crystal from the merged Rainbow Crystals and the Moon Princess is revealed to be Usagi.
Changes From the Manga
This episode is based on Act 8 and the beginning of Act 9 of the manga:
- Sailor Venus is introduced as Sailor V and the Moon Princess.
- Kunzite lures the Sailor Guardians to the tower so he can get the Silver Crystal and Tuxedo Mask is never challenged to a battle by Zoisite.
- The Silver Crystal is formed by Sailor Moon's tears.
- The Silver Crystal doesn't get attached to the Moon Stick until the last fight against Metalia.
- Tuxedo Mask is mortally wounded by Kunzite.
- The fight takes place at Tokyo Tower.
- Several seconds of the scene where Tuxedo Mask is impaled by Zoisite's Crystal is cut out in the DiC Entertainment English dub.
- The pastel drawing montage that plays when Usagi sees that Mamoru is really Tuxedo Mask is also cut out of the DiC English dub.
- The shot of Zoisite's cheek scratched from the rose was cut in DiC, but was stated off screen.
- Illusionary Silver Crystal, the song that played during Sailor Moon's transformation into Princess Serenity, was replaced in the following:
Other Dub Titles
- Catalan: El brillant cristall de plata. Arriba la princesa Lluna ("The Brilliant Silver Crystal. Moon Princess Arrives")
- European : La princesa Luna ("The Moon Princess")
- Mexican: Resplandeciente Cristal de Plata. Aquí Viene la Princesa Moon. ("Glowing Silver Crystal. Here comes the Moon Princess.")
- French: Bienvenue Princesse
- Portuguese: Resplandecente Cristal de Prata - A princesa moon vem aí ("Resplendent Silver Crystal - The Moon Princess is Coming.")
- Srebrny Kryształ. Oto Księżniczka (Polsat) ("Silver Crystal. Here is the Princess.")
- Srebrny Kryształ (TV 4) ("Silver Crystal."
- Russian: Кто же Лунная Принцесса? ("Who is the Moon Princess?")
- Hungarian: Isten hozott, hercegnő! ("Welcome Back, Princess!")
- Chinese: 閃爍光芒的銀水晶！月亮公主登場 ("Flickering LIght of the Silver Crystal! The Moon Princess' debut."
- German: Die Mondprinzessin ("The Moon Princess.")
- Italian: La principessa della luna ("The Princess of the Moon.")
- Swedish: Den heliga Silverkristallen ("The Holy Silver Crystal.")
- Usagi slightly blushes when she transforms in front of Mamoru in the elevator.
- Though Sailor Venus' civilian identity Minako Aino made a cameo appearance in the previous episode, she was formally introduced in this episode.
- In the original run of Sailor Moon in Mexico, Resplandeciente Cristal de Plata wasn't included in this episode, because the song wasn't finished at the time. It was included in re-runs and when the dub was distributed to Latin America.
- This is the first episode since episode 1, where Usagi does not introduce herself at the beginning of the episode.