|The Beach, the Island and a Vacation: The Guardians' Break|
Umi yo Shima yo Bakansu yo! Senshi no Kyuusoku
|Episode:||EP 67, Season 2|
|Air Date (JP):||August 28, 1993|
|Written by:||Katsuyuki Sumizawa|
|Directed by:||Yuji Endou|
|North American Dub|
Usagi’s Parental Love: The Curry Romance Triangle
Protect Chibi-Usa: Clash of the Ten Warriors
"The Beach, the Island and a Vacation: The Guardians' Break” is the 21st episode of the 2nd season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 67th episode overall. It aired in Japan on August 28, 1993. This episode was never dubbed into English by DiC, but it's included in the Viz Media English dub.
The Sailor Guardians go on vacation to the beach (after following Rei) and end up looking for Chibiusa, who has found a baby Plesiosaurus on a volcanic island at the point of eruption.
International Dub Titles
- Brazilian Portugues: Férias na Praia: Um Descanso Para as Sailors ("Beach Holidays: A Rest for Sailors")
- European Portuguese: Férias Numa Ilha Distante ("Vacation on a Distant Island")
- French: Les guerrières en Vacances ("The Warriors on Vacation")
- German: Ein Turbulentes Wochenende ("A Turbulent Weekend")
Changes from the Manga
- This episode was the 6th and last episode to be completely cut from DiC's English dub as well as the only episode of Sailor Moon R to be skipped by DiC.
- This is the only episode of Sailor Moon R to be omitted from ADV Films' official Japanese subtitled DVDs.
- This is the only episode of Sailor Moon R in which no enemies appeared.
- During the group transformation, the first part of Rei's transformation (when she took a hold of her Star Power Stick) used a background from the corresponding part of Minako's transformation instead.
- Like episode 20 of the 1st season, this episode did not play into the main storyline of the season. It also had a similar title structure.
- In the French dub, this was the last episode in which Marie-Laure Beneston voiced Raya.