The Beach, the Island and a Vacation: The Guardian’s Break
|Umi yo Shima yo Bakansu yo! Senshi no kyūsoku|
August 28, 1993
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
"The Beach, the Island and a Vacation: The Guardians' Break” is the 21st episode of the second season of the Sailor Moon, and the 67th episode overall. The episode first aired in Japan on August 28, 1993. This episode was never dubbed into English by DiC, but it's included in the Viz Media dub.
The Sailor Guardians go on vacation to the beach (after following Rei), and end up looking for Chibiusa, who has found a baby Plesiosaurus on a volcanic island at the point of eruption.
Changes From the Manga
- This episode was the sixth and last episode to be completely cut from DiC's English dub as well as the only episode of Sailor Moon R to be skipped by DiC.
- This is the only episode of Sailor Moon R to be omitted from ADV Films' official Japanese subtitled DVDs.
- This is the only episode of Sailor Moon R in which no enemies appeared.
- During the group transformation, the first part of Rei's transformation (when she took a hold of her Star Power Stick) used a background from the corresponding part of Minako's transformation instead.
- Like episode 20 of the first season, this episode did not play into the main storyline of the season. It also had a similar title structure.
- In the French dub, this was the last episode in which Marie-Laure Beneston voiced Raya.
<gallery> 08315.jpg|Luna and Artemis getting seasick <?gallery>