Supreme Thunder was an attack used by Sailor Jupiter in all versions of Sailor Moon.
Sailor Jupiter first used Supreme Thunder against Zoisite who had grabbed Sailor Moon. When she performed this attack, her tiara appeared to collect electricity from the atmosphere, allowing Sailor Jupiter to propel it in the form of lightning bolts toward her target. In the Mixx manga it was called Jupiter Thunder and in the Kodansha manga it retained its original name.
Sailor Jupiter began using Supreme Thunder by crossing her arms over her chest with her index and pinky fingers extended. Then the lightning rod hidden inside her tiara extended, crackling with electricity. Lightning rained down from the sky, collecting around her rod until Sailor Jupiter extended her arms and sent it towards her enemy. Sometimes, before performing the attack she would call out "Waga shugo Mokusei yo! Arashi wo okose! Kumo wo yobe! Ikazuchi wo furaseyo!" (我が守護木星よ！嵐を起こせ！雲を呼べ！雷を降らせよ！; My guardian Jupiter! Brew a storm! Call the clouds! Bring down the lightning!).
In the DiC dub, before using this ability she says "On behalf of Jupiter! I call upon the forces of thunder and lightning to vanquish this evil!"
While fighting against the DD girls, she uses this as a suicidal move against them.
Sailor Jupiter hurls bolts of green lightning at the enemy gathered up by her hands rather than her tiara.
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
To perform the attack, Sailor Jupiter first spun around with one leg lifted high in the air as lightning flashed around her, then extended her arms and sent the attack towards the enemy. Unlike in the other versions, her tiara was not involved in the attack in any way.
The attack was performed as in the anime: Sailor Jupiter crossed her arms over her chest with her index and pinky fingers extended, spoke the name of the attack, then extended her arms while light and sound effects gave the impression of lightning striking the target. Sometimes, she would also call upon her planet in the same fashion as in the anime.
Supreme Thunder appeared in many Sailor Moon video games, including
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (Super Famicom)
- Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (3DO)
- Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS: Various Emotion (Sega Saturn)
- Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS: True Protagonist Competition (PlayStation).
- Sailor Moon: The Shining Moon: Although it is unnamed, Sailor Jupiter can perform an attack that looks very similar to Supreme Thunder.
- When Sailor Jupiter first used Supreme Thunder in episode 25 of the anime, Sailor Moon misheard it as "Chou Cream Sundae" (シュー・クリーム・サンデー). Naoko Takeuchi later drew a three-panel parody manga in the Original Picture Collection Volume 1 artbook with Sailor Jupiter performing the "Chou Cream Sundae" attack.
- In the original English dub, the attack name changed several times throughout the course of the series, to different titles including "Jupiter Thunder Crash", "Jupiter Thunderbolts Crash" and "Supreme Thunder Crash", though it was sometimes referred to by its original name. In the Cloverway dub, she calls the attack name while using her second ability Sparkling Wide Pressure against the daimon Scar who victimizes her.
- When Sailor Jupiter uses the attack in Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal, the color of the lightning bolts have alternated between spring green and bright green.
- In the Mixx manga it was called Jupiter Thunder and Thunder and Lightning Shower Down
- In the Kodansha manga and the Viz dub it retains it name