|Sunny Skies After a Storm: A Friendship Dedicated to Hotaru|
Arashi nochi Hare! Hotaru ni Sasageru Yuujou
|Episode:||EP 116, Season 3|
|Air Date (JP):||December 3, 1994|
|Written by:||Megumi Sugihara|
|Directed by:||Yuji Endou|
|North American Dub|
|Air Date (US):||July 18, 2000|
|CWi Title:||Thorny Weather|
Shadow of Silence: The Pale Glimmer of a Firefly
Higher and Stronger: A Cheer from Usagi
"Sunny Skies After a Storm: A Friendship Dedicated to Hotaru" is the 27th episode of the 3rd season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 116th overall. It aired in Japan on December 3, 1994. The CWi English dub title for this episode is "Thorny Weather" and it aired in North America on July 18, 2000.
Mamoru, Usagi, Chibiusa, and Hotaru visit a botanical garden. Meanwhile, Mimete decides to pursue her next target: Yoshiki Kurebayashi, a botanist.
Mamoru takes Chibiusa out to get a bunny backpack. Usagi mentions the botanical garden. Hotaru walks past. Chibiusa sees her and asks her if she wanted to come with them to the botanical garden. Hotaru says she can't and runs off.
Chibiusa then goes to Hotaru's house to ask her again and is greeted at the door by Kaolinite. Chibiusa leaves the bunny bag at her house with an invitation. Hotaru then comes and reads the invitation while Kaolinite says that she is too weak to go. Professor Tomoe, however, allows Hotaru to go with them to the botanical garden.
They arrive at the botanical garden and meet Yoshiki, who turns out to be one of Mamoru's friends. Yoshiki takes them around the greenhouse to look at the plants. Mimete arrives at the garden and attempts to steal his Pure Heart Crystal.
International Dub Titles
- Brazilian Portuguese: A Sombra do Silêncio ("The Shadow of Silence")
- European Portuguese: A Sombra do Silêncio! ("The Shadow of Silence!")
- TV: Olivia à l'hôpital ("Olivia in the Hospital")
- DVD: L'Ombre du silence ? L'Éclat pâle de la Luciole ("The Shadow of Silence? The Pale Shard of the Firefly")
- German: Seltsame Kraft ("Strange Power")
Changes From the Manga
- The first time Ami and Makoto didn't appear since the episodes where they first appeared.
- In episode 168, Hotaru Tomoe remembers the picnic scene from this episode. However, Makoto and Ami appear as part of the memory although they weren't in that scene.
- In the scene where Chibiusa landed on Usagi's back while they were playing leapfrog, a single frame that shows a super-deformed Usagi without her clothes appears.