Like the members of the Black Moon Clan, they all had upside-down dark crescent moon symbols on their foreheads.
The Spectre Sisters often bicker among themselves and try to impress Crimson Rubeus, trying to outdo one another and at one point, Petz was even prepared to eliminate her sisters, whom she viewed as traitors.
Eventually, around the time Rubeus decided to kick them out, each of the Spectre Sisters wished to be purified from the effects of the Malefic Black Crystal and become good people. They were healed by Sailor Moon using Moon Crystal Power. Afterward, they ran a cosmetic shop.
Saphir discovered than Wiseman was manipulating the Black Moon Clan behind their backs and tried to warn Prince Demande. He ended up being badly injured by Wiseman, who tried to stop him. Saphir escaped to earth and was cared for by the Spectre Sisters.
Manga and CrystalSailor Mars but was destroyed by Sailor Moon's Moon Princess Halation.
Berthier was sent next and captured Sailor Mercury, but was destroyed by Moon Princess Halation.
Petz was sent out next, and sent a virus throughout Tokyo, and captured Sailor Jupiter, but was destroyed by Sailor Moon's Moon Princess Halation.
Last was Calaveras, who tried to capture Sailor Venus while she posed as a person who could see the future, but was destroyed before she could fulfill her mission.
Petz, Calaveras, and Koan appeared in the musical The Birth! Princess of Darkness, Black Lady and in its revision, Berthier was also present with her sisters. In this continuity, they had a group attack called "Black Vicious Crystal," performed with Esmeraude in the first musical and with only the four sisters in the revision.
- Their DiC English dub name was Negamoon Sisters.
- In the DiC dub, they were known as Catzi, Bertie, Avery and Prizma, respectively.
- In early concept art, they were titled as the "Four Weird Sisters".
- They were the evil counterparts of the Inner Sailor Guardians; as they also controlled and manipulated the same elements that the Inner Sailor Guardians are capable of.
- In Sailor Moon: Another Story, a SNES game written by Naoko set shortly before the Galaxia anime arc, the Spectre Sisters running their cosmetic shop got their purification undone by Apsu's magic, and the sisters confronted the Sailor Scouts. They expressed their regret that they had to fight, they no longer hated the Sailor Scouts, but they stated that the hate and genocide written on their souls were incompatible with the purified innocent identities they were given, and that they would rather face their fates with their own free will and fight. In the end, the Sailor Scouts fought and killed the Spectre Sisters with deep regret, yet the Sisters thanked them with their dying breath.