|Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll|
Shingo no Junjou! Kanashimi no Furansu Ningyou
|Episode:||EP 18, Season 1|
|Air Date (JP):||July 11, 1992|
|Written by:||Shigeru Yanagawa|
|Directed by:||Harume Kosaka|
|North American Dub|
|Air Date (US):||September 29, 1995|
|DiC Title:||Dangerous Dollies|
Usagi's a Model: The Flash of the Monster Camera
Usagi's Joy: A Love Letter from Tuxedo Mask
“Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll” is the 18th episode of the 1st season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 18th episode overall. It aired in Japan on July 11, 1992. The DiC English dub title for this episode is "Dangerous Dollies" and it aired in North America on September 29, 1995
International Dub Titles
- Brazilian Portuguese: O Amor de Shingo: A Boneca Misteriosa ("Shingo's Love: The Mysterious Doll")
- European Portuguese: O Amor do Chico ("Chico's Love")
- TV: Poupée de cire, poupée de son ("Wax Doll, Bran Doll")
- DVD: La candeur de Shingo ! Triste poupée française ("Shingo's Candor! Sad French Doll")
- German: Puppen Weinen Nicht ("Doll's Don't Cry")
- Italian: Sam e le bambole ("Sam and the Dolls")
Changes from the Manga
- The French dub renamed the episode "Poupée de Cire, Poupée de Son." This is a reference to the song of the same name that was sung by France Gall for the 1965 Eurovision Song Contest. The song won the contest and it is still very popular in France.
- The English dub heavily edited the battle between Sailor Moon and Jumeau in an attempt to remove all scenes involving the Youma strangling Sailor Moon.
- -This is Mika's first appearance in the old English dub, as the episode in which she first appeared was cut from the original dub.