The initial series run was on channel 2x2 in 1993 through 1997, consisted of the first three seasons (Classic, R, and S), with the translation by 2x2 Telemarket. As it is common is Russia, it was a voiceover, not a full lip-synced dub. All of the male voices were done by Vadim Andreev and all of the female voices, as well as the child voices, were done by Lyudmila Ilyina. The same three seasons were then re-broadcast by AST since 1996, channel TNT in 2000, and then channel Stolitsa (Now Moscow 24) in 2001 through 2002.
The season names were changed as follows:
Sailor Moon - Сейлормун
Sailor Moon R - Сейлормун снова с нами (Sailormoon Again With Us)
Sailor Moon S - Сейлормун — супервоин (Sailormoon the Super Warrior)
Previews for the following episode were never shown, avant-titles were moved to right after the opening song (except for episode 89), and eyecatches were removed (as no commercial breaks were inserted into the episodes). The episode title cards were kept in Japanese. There were no subtitles, only a voiceover telling the title of the episode. In all three seasons, there were creditless openings and endings, only a voiceover naming the credits. There was no text in the ending apart from the series name, air time, and the words, "To be continued...". There were no alterations to the opening or ending credits. All openings had no lyrics, until episode 89 onward, the version with the lyrics began to air.
The third season retained its opening sequence, but the final version of the opening (the 3rd opening of the S season) was used, spoiling the appearances of the Outer Senshi, Sailor Chibi Moon, Hotaru Tomoe, and Super Sailor Moon. The ending sequence for Tuxedo Mirage was used with the song Otome no Policy until episode 110. Episode 114 was omitted from the first run on TNT, but was retained in Kazakhstan later on in the channel 31 run.
Later, starting from the year 2001, the SuperS and StarS, were added, making Russia one of the few countries to air all 200 episodes. TNT had purchased the German dub for these two seasons, which were then dubbed into Russian.
The series was also broadcasted by NTN-4, ATN, Channel 23, however, these were versions the same as from the previous years.
Censorship and Changes
- All of the original insert songs were untouched, but the lyrics were left untranslated.
- Zoisite remained male, but his personality became more masculine, and the romance scenes with Kunzite downplayed, making him heterosexual. Zoisite's death in episode 35 had him telling Kunzite that he loved him "like a father."
- In the third season, Haruka was constantly referred to, and referred to herself, using masculine pronouns, despite being female and confirming it. Her romance with Michiru was retained (if slightly downplayed). While in civilian form in the fifth season, Haruka was voiced by a male, much like the Sailor Starlights.
- Makoto's (supposed) crush on Haruka in episode 96 was kept and was constantly pointed out by the other characters.
- Tamasaburou was identified as a "young man" by Chibiusa, but was constantly referred to as a girl for the rest of the episode.
- Fish Eye became a female, but the scene in episode 140 was kept where "she" revealed "her" chest.
- The Starlights were constantly referred to as males. even in Senshi form, despite the visible breasts. However, they were voiced by a male in civilian form, and by a female in Senshi form.
- Due to a translation error, Queen Metaria was changed to be a male and became "King Metalia".
Character Names (Changes)
|Usagi Tsukuni||Bunny Tsukino (season 1-3)
Usagi Tsukino (season 4-5)
|Ami Mizuno||Amy Mitsuno|
|Rei Hino||Rei Hino|
|Makoto Kino||Makoto Kino|
|Minako Aino||Minako Aino|
|Haruka Tenou||Haruka Teno|
|Michitu Kaiou||Michiru Kaio|
|Setsuna Meiou||Setsuna Meio|
|Hotaru Tomoe||Hotaru Tomo|
|Chibiusa Tsukino||Little Bunny (season 2-3)
Chibusa (season 4-5)
|Mamoru Chiba||Mamoru Jiba (season 1-3)
Mamoru Chiba (seaon 4-5)
|Sailor Star Fighter||Star Sailor Warrior|
|Sailor Star Maker||Star Sailor Creator|
|Sailor Star Healer||Star Sailor Healer|
|Princess Kakyuu||Princess Meteor|
|Queen Beryl||Queen Ruin|
|Prince Demande||Prince Diamond|
|Professor Souichi Tomoe||Doctor Soichi Tomo|
|Sailor Iron Mouse||Steel Sailor Mouse|
|Sailor Aluminum Siren||Aluminum Sailor Siren|
|Sailor Lead Crow||Sailor Crow|
|Sailor Tin Nyanko||Tin Sailor Meow|
Other things like organizations and groups were renamed as well;
|Sailor V||Sailor Five (sometimes)
|Three Lights||Three Stars|
|Makaihu||Tree of the Dark World|
|Spectre Sisters||Pursuer Sisters|
|Death Busters||Apostles of Death|
Transformations and Attacks
- Moon Prism Power, Make Up/Moon Crystal Power, Make Up/Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up/Moon Eternal, Make Up - Moon Prism, give me power
- Crisis, Make Up - Holy Grail, give me power
- Moon Crisis, Make Up - Moon Prisms, give us power
- Moon Tiara Action - Moon Tiara, to battle
- Moon Tiara Stardust - Moon Tiara, spread stardust
- Moon Healing Escalation/Moon Princess Halation - Moon's healing power, help
- Moon Spiral Heart Attack/Rainbow Moon Heartache - Magic moon rod, help
- Moon Gorgeous Meditation - Magic moon kaleidoscope, fight
- Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss - Honey Bride's Kiss
- Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss - Kiss of the Silver Crystal
- Mercury Power, Make Up - Mercury Power, come to me/Mercury Power, help me/Mercury Power, to battle/Mercury, give me power/Mercury Power, to battle
- Shabon Spray/Shine Aqua Illusion - Soap Rain, to me/Soap Rain, to battle/Soap Rain
- Mercury Aqua Rhapsody - Glimmering Wave, fight/Water rhapsody, act
- Mars Power, Make Up - Mars Power, come to me/Mars Power, to battle/Mars, give me power
- Fire Soul/Burning Mandala - Fire Spirit, to battle
- Mars Flame Sniper - Mars' Fire Arrow
- Jupiter Power, Make Up - Jupiter Power, come to me
- Supreme Thunder/Sparkling Wide Pressure - Thunder Spirit, fight
- Jupiter Oak Evolution - Fly, menacing lightning bolts/Jupiter's Tree of Life
- Venus Power, Make Up - Venus Power, come to me
- Crescent Beam - Crescent Beam, fight
- Venus Love-Me Chain - Venus Love Chain, to battle
- Venus Love and Beauty Shock - Venus grants everyone love/Beauty of Venus/Dazzling beauty of Venus
- Uranus Planet Power, Make Up - Uranus planet power, give me power
- World Shaking - Ground, open/Earthquake/Expanse, open up
- Neptune Planet Power, Make Up - Neptune planet power, give me power
- Deep Submerge - Deep Submerge/Deep Wave/High Wave/Full Submerge
- Pluto Planet Power, Make Up - Pluto planet power, give me power
- Dead Scream - Elemental Spirit/Scream of the Dead
Sailor Chibi Moon
- Pink Sugar Heart Attack - Pink Sweet-Tooth Heart
- Twinkle Yell - Please, Pegasus, protect people's dreams! I believe in you!
- Star Serious Laser - Star-Moving Force
- Star Gentle Uterus - Mercy of the Star Source
- Star Sensitive Inferno - Gentle Star Hurricane
From December 1, 2018 to January 1, 2019, STS Love broadcast the first Sailor Moon season with dubbing. Episodes appeared several.
- 1 December (1-7)
- 8 December (8-14)
- 15 December (15-21)
- 22 December (22-28)
- 28 December (22-28)
- 29 December (29-35)
- 30 December (29-35)
- 1 Januar (31-35) and (36-46) 
This is the Japanese version and this time the script is like in the original. The only difference is the change of music.
- Tsukino Kawatte Oshioki Yo from episode 21 is instrumental
- Maboroshi No Gunzuishou from episode 34 is instrumental
- Moonlight Densetsu and You are just my love from episode 46 are instrumental
- 2nd eyecatch is cut