Images on this wikia are used for illustration purposes, to depict what is often hard to describe in words. Any other uses of the images, on Wikia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. The Sailor Moon series and characters are property of their creators. All related titles, logos, images and characters are trademark and copyright of their respective owners.
Images here are on the English-language Sailor Moon Wiki, hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia.
- Format - There are several file extensions that can be uploaded to Wikis, with the most common being .JPG, .PNG, and .GIF
- Size - When it comes to the size ratio of scanned work, please attempt to downsize ridiculously large images that can go over 1000x1000. Remember, large images can cause loading issues for others.
- If an image you intend to upload already exists on the wiki, do not upload a new one, unless it is of better quality and/or higher resolution. While an image doesn't have to be HQ, LQ pictures may not be suitable for the intended usage, be aware images may be deleted or replaced without warning if a more suitable image is found, or if the image is unsuitable for its usage.
- If you are going to upload an image, than please put it to use. If not, then it might as well be deleted.
- Do not use the Wikia as an image host!
- • Personal pictures unrelated to the intent of this wiki or will be of no use, must be hosted to an image hosting site such as .
- • So a picture of yourself or a representation of yourself can be linked from a real image host, not uploaded to here.
- • <div align="center / left / right">http://image link here.jpg</div>
- Do not upload spam images. Also, no photo-bombing.
- • Do not upload indiscriminate images or manipulated images. If they serve no purpose to the wiki then they will be deleted.
- • Do not upload someones fanart that was not meant to be displayed anywhere else besides its site of origin. If you want to upload fanart then please ask the original artist for permission to do so.
- • Meaning, if the image is for fair use then it is fine to use, however, if not then please respect the artist and leave the image on their site. Creating ref links will handle this if it ever comes up.
- • Only significant artwork and official artwork is acceptable on official Sailor Moon pages and other pages, anything else will be deleted.
- • Do not upload pornographic materials. This goes against Wikia 'Term of Use' and is just outright inappropriate.
- •Also, speaking of the matter, even IF said pornographic/inappropriate picture is official, it doesn't mean that it's appropriate enough to use on the wiki. There is a reason why that picture of Usagi without her top on from the Infinity Collection isn't uploaded.
- Please give uploaded images suitable and descriptive names. The following example names are common with new wiki contributors and due to it being common it will cause an uploading conflict, they will be renamed if discovered.
- • Uploads with titles such as these are unacceptable. ofhgkdhgvk33tr35634vnih., 1234567890., thisismyimageblah., image., IMG., untitled., 1.png and so on.
- Please spare some thought about offical images before you upload them, consider a few things;
- • You are allowed to upload images released for;
- • Official artwork - Official artwork found in artbooks and such.
- • Promotional artwork - Concept art and full body art or otherwise. These are releases into the public sector to create interest or familairity with the product. Therefore, these are fine.
- • Merchandise - again only 1 image. For manga related pages, only upload volume covers and never whole pages. If any artwork directly from a manga is used, only 1 frame is allowed per page and no more.
- • Anime, PGSM, and Gameplay screenshots are fine.
- • Illustrators often produce work for non-promotional purposes as well as promotional. Sometimes we must draw the line because of this on if the image is useful to the wikia or not.
- • If a studio or company objects to a image being on the wikia, the wikia will remove it and cannot add it back. We will attempt to explain why it exists on here to the studio, however, the wikia is not here to upset any of the studios and companies as we support them.
- •Note that the grounds for "Fair Use" does not give us the right to upload every image without consquence and this should never be used as an excuse for a particular image to exist on the wikia for the sake of it existing here.
- • Most important of all is that editors should be aware that not every piece of promotional artwork is required to be on the wikia. If the artwork is not already on the wikia, it may because another editor felt it was not needed or alternatively it was forgotten. However, editors may choose not to upload a image because it does nothing for the wikia itself. More importantly, the more images we upload the more we have to explain why a image exists on the wikia. If you don't have any use for an image at all then it will probably get deleted.
- Please do not upload episode shots with subtitles or manga pages that have been fan translated.