| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
In her Senshi form, she wears a traditional Sailor Senshi fuku, although unlike the other senshi she does not have a chest protector. Her hair is dark blue and is tied up in two ponytails, and she also gains cat ears and a tail. Her tiara gem is blue, and she wears crescent moon earrings. On her dress, her bow is yellow, and is similar to the necklace she wears as a cat. She wears white gloves, along with shirt, and her skirt is fully yellow, while the bottom part is colored purple, and the top of her leotard and the skirt are divided by a belt-like which has a crescent moon in the middle. Sailor Luna's boots are fully blue. Her sleeves, gloves and boots are all lined with fluffy pink trimmings.
In Act 27 of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Luna is given the ability to turn human after the presentation of the Silver Crystal. Its power also allows her to transform into Sailor Luna, by pulling out a cellphone and pressing the buttons 6-7-2 on it. The senshi seemed confused at first by the appearance of the girl and she only reveals her identity to them when she transforms, but through no fault of her own.
Luna is unable to keep her transformation in certain circumstances. For example, if she sneezes or is knocked out, she automatically reverts to her toy cat form. While she is in this human form, she does not completely abandon her feline instincts; This is proven when she is easily scared off by a dog and gets distracted when rubber balls are released in a toy store, much like any other cat would. Her role in the Tsukino family is much like that of Chibiusa's: she appears and no one seems to question it.
Transformation Phrase, and Items
Attacks, and Weapons
- Sailor Luna shares some similarities to Sailor Chibi Moon:
- Both are the youngest senshi.
- Both have an item that can change into anything.
- Both have a bond with Sailor Moon.
- Both have odango.
- Both have candy related attacks (Luna Sucre Candy and Pink Sugar Heart Attack)
- Both were mysterious to the other senshi at first.
- Her favorite "weapon" was a folding fan, a "Harisen" (ハリセン, lit. a "slapping fan"; a giant paper fan, usually made in a closed fashion. It is most traditionally used as part of a 'Manzai' act, in which the "straight man (tsukkomi) smacks the "funny man" (boke) in response to their jokes or idiocy),which was nowhere near lethal, appropriate for a child character in a show mainly targeted at small children.
- Coincidentally, the actress for human Luna, Rina Koike, thought that she would be playing Chibiusa before her costume fitting, as the character of Sailor Luna was kept a secret before her first appearance.
- Sailor Luna/Luna Tsukino had one image song in the live-action series: Sweet Little Resistance.
- Sailor Luna assumes a childlike form, whereas in both animes and the manga, her human form is an adult.
- She and Sailor Mars are the only Senshi in PGSM to keep their hair color when transformed.