|Ruler of the Galaxy: the Menace of Galaxia|
| 銀河の支配者 ギャラクシアの脅威|
Ginga no shihaisha Gyarakushia no kyoui
|Episode:||EP 197, Season 5|
|Air Date (JP):||January 18, 1997|
|Written by:||Ryota Yamaguchi|
|Directed by:||Hiroki Shibata|
|North American Dub|
Countdown to Destruction: the Sailor Guardians' Last Battle
Dying Stars: Uranus and Neptune's Last Stand
"Ruler of the Galaxy: the Menace of Galaxia" was the 31st episode of the final season of Sailor Moon and the 197th of the overall series. It first aired in Japan on January 18, 1997. On Hulu.com, it was renamed "Menace of Galaxia".
Super Sailors' Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn all take on Sailor Galaxia on their own but she proves too strong for even their strongest attacks combined. Super Sailor Saturn is ready to exterminate Galaxia once for all by using the Silence Glaive; therefore taking her own life in the process. Galaxia calmly reveals that she was the one responsible for allowing the spirit/soul of Sailor Saturn within Hotaru to fully awaken as well as releasing Queen Nehellenia from her seal.
Other Dub Titles
Changes From the Manga
- All of Sailor Moon's allies, except Sailor Kakyuu and Starlights, became Sailor Galaxia's unwilling minions when she brought them back to life, not just Eternal Sailor Uranus and Eternal Sailor Neptune.
- None of Sailor Moon's allies had joined Sailor Galaxia willingly.
- Eternal Sailor Pluto and Eternal Sailor Saturn were killed by Galaxia herself, not their Outer partners. Both Pluto and Saturn were also turned evil in the same way Neptune and Uranus had.
- Mamoru never faced Sailor Galaxia. He was killed right at the beginning of the arc in a surprise attack and was turned evil the same way as the other Solar System Sailor Guardians.
- Sailor Galaxia was not involved in Super Sailor Saturn's awakening.
- This was the last episode where Dead Scream and Silence Wall were used and the last one where the Garnet Rod, the Silence Glaive and the Space Sword planetary weapons were shown in the anime.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Eternal Sailor Moon is crying for her dead dear friends, an image of Super Sailor Jupiter and the planet Jupiter appears, but the planet has no rings surrounding it, despite them being discovered in 1979.
- Super Sailor Saturn had, once again, attempted to use her immense powers of death and destruction, ruin and annihilation to their maximum potential to eradicate Galaxia once and for all.