“Rubeus the Heartless: The Tragic Sisters” is the 26th episode of the 2nd season of Sailor Moon anime and the 72nd of the overall series. It aired in Japan on October 30, 1993. The DiC English dub for this episode is "Sibling Rivalry" and it aired in North America on November 21, 1995.
There are only two of the Spectre Sisters left. Petz and Calaveras kidnap the two 'traitors' to lure out the Sailor Guardians. They show up to save the two captives and fight with both of the elder Spectre Sisters. Petz has the Black Moon Stick given to her by Rubeus that increases her Dark Power. Chibiusa also followed the Sailor Guardians whom she saw transform to the bridge. After Petz is defeated, Rebeus appears and turns the Black Moon Wand into a black hole and the Sailor Senshi dive in to destroy the wand. Usagi heals Petz and Calaveras with the Silver Crystal and the four Spectre Sisters open up a shop together in Juban Shopping District.
International Dub Titles
- Brazilian Portuguese: A Tristeza das Quatro Irmãs ("The Sorrow of the Four Sisters")
- European Portuguese: A Dor de Quatro Irmãs ("The Pain of Four Sisters")
- French: Les 4 sœurs ("The 4 Sisters")
- German: Alle gegen Rubeus ("All Against Rubeus")
Changes from the Manga
- Petz and Calaveras, like their two younger sisters, were killed by Moon Princess Halation
- Since they were killed off in the manga, the Spectre Sisters never open a cosmetic shop
- In the DiC dub, the dialogue was written differently in that Petz and Calaveras took their sisters to try and get them to rejoin the Black Moon, rather than simply for execution.
- A scene where Minako tells Usagi that eating too many sweet potatoes will give her gas and a squeak was the sound was cut.
- This marks the final episode in which Darien was voiced by Toby Proctor in the DiC English dub.
- This is the final episode to be dubbed in English in the 1995 run because of poor ratings in the show's new time slot. Due to this, DiC dropped the show and did not buy the rights to the remaining episodes until three years later when the show ended up becoming popular on Cartoon Network.