| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
| Rei Hino |
|Residency:||Hikawa Shrine, Azabu-Juuban, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
T*A Academy for Girls student:
|Birthdate:||April 17, 1978(♈)|
|Live-Action:||Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ~ An Alternate Legend - Dark Kingdom Revival Story|
|Live-Action Played By:|| Hiroko Nakayama|
Megumi Yoshida, Aiko Kawasaki
Rei Hino is the Civilian Idenity and the present-day incarnation of Sailor Mars.
Nomenclature & Etymology
Rei: Her given name is in katakana, rei(レイ) and therefore offers no translation or meaning.
In the Chinese versions of the series (anime and manga), Rei's name is written with the character "麗", which carries the same phonetic as "Rei", but means "beauty" and/or "lovely".Hino:The kanji of Rei's surname translate hi(火) "fire" and no (野) meaning "field" or "civilian" .
The entire name is structured as a pun, as the syllable "no" indicates a possessive, so that her name can also be understood as "Fire of Rei."
Naoko Takeuchi included many occultist arts to finely detail each character. For Usagi, these things include:
- Birthstone(s): Daimond - A symbol of clarity and strength and believed to be a boon for longevity, strength, beauty and happiness.
- Zodiac Sign: Aries - Courageous, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, passionate; Impatient, moody, short-tempered, impulsive, aggressive.
In the musicals, Sailor Mars's fuku was significantly different. Her elbow fittings, bows, and sleeves were purple, and her skirt, collar, and choker were red. Later in another version of the fuku, her sleeves became red. The center of her front bow was a star and was golden, and it had a red gem in the middle. Unlike the red star earrings that Sailor Mars had in the other versions of Sailor Moon, they were gold instead. She also had a golden star on her choker (when she is not supposed to have one until the "Super" upgrade). All of the trim on her fuku was gold. This outfit never appear after Sailor Moon S - Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi (Kaiteiban).
- The second version was more similar to her Super version of her costume in the manga and anime. Her front bow was lavender, her collar, glove fittings, and choker were red, and her back bow was red. Her skirt had two layers, the top one being red and the bottom one violet. Her choker ornament was a golden star with a red circle and the Mars symbol in the center. The brooch on her front bow was a heart-shaped red gem ringed in gold. Her earrings were five-pointed stars. Her shoes were slightly different from the anime and manga, as they each had a strap across the instep.
- Mars Power, Make Up!
- Mars Star Power, Make Up!
- Sailor Crisis Power, Make Up!
- Sailor Star Power, Make Up!
- Burning Mandala
- Mars Snake Fire
- Mars Flame Sniper
- Mars Flame Galactica Sniper
- Fire Soul
- Sailor Planet Power
- Sailor Planet Attack