| Ptilol |
Member of the Witches 5
|Manga:||Act 32 - Infinity 6, Three Guardians|
Ptilol and Cyprine were the fifth members of the Witches 5 to appear in the Infinity Arc. According to the Materials Collection, the two of them made up one person, but they would split when it was time to battle against an enemy. She along with Cyprine, are level 999 witches, making them both the most powerful members of the Witches 5.
Nomenclature & Etymology
Ptilol's name comes from the mineral ptilolite, which could refer to either clinoptilolite or mordenite.
Ptilol has red hair and red eyes. Her hairstyle and outfit are the same as Cyprine's but her bun and plait are on the opposite side. She wears a black dress with red shapes near the top; her dress has a red underskirt, matching red tights and slightly darker red boots. She has many ribbons on her outfit and has a clover-shaped red earring
In the manga, Cyprine and Ptilol were summoned by Kaolinite to kill the Sailor Guardians. After an unsuccessful attack on Haruka Tenou, the two used their powers to manipulate the feelings of the Sailor Senshi into attacking each other. They were finally killed by Super Sailor Moon with her Rainbow Moon Heartache attack.
She is brought back with the other Witches 5 by Kaolinite and is destroyed by the Outer Sailor Senshi.
- Ptilol never appeared in the Sailor Moon musicals.
- Although technically she belongs Witches 5, she is not considered an official member, being an extension of Cyprine rather than an individual.
- She does not use any attacks in her brief appearance.
- In the Materials Collection, Ptilol was said to fall back in battle whilst Cyprine led.
- She is also said to be the younger of the twins.
- In the Nakayoshi character poll for the Infinity arc, Ptitol ranked at Place 44.
- This makes her the least popular member of the Witches' 5 (if you count her as a sixth member).
- Ptilol is the second red member of the Witches 5, Eudial being the first.
- Ptilol was the only Witch who never appeared in a human form in the 90's anime.