Protect Mamoru: Ninja Usagi's Jealousy
|Mamoru wo mamore! Ninja Usagi no yakimochi |
Protect Mamoru! Jealousy of Usagi the Ninja
May 27, 1995
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
“The Trouble with Love (CWi)
October 6, 2000
Phony Fairy (CWi)
"Protect Mamoru: Ninja Usagi's Jealousy" is the 9th episode of the fourth season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 136th overall. It first aired in Japan on May 27, 1995. The English dub title for this episode is "The Trouble with Love" and it first aired in North America on October 6, 2000.
Other Dub Titles
Changes from the Manga
- In the English dub at the beginning of the episode Mamoru explains to Ami that she must to keep in mind the quadratic equation to solve a math problem and Ami says that she was trying to apply the Pythagorean theorem and thanks him for his help. In the original anime, she makes a joke about the relativity in space.
- The scene when Mamoru asks Diana if she would like to take a bath with him was changed in the English dub to he telling her that even future kings need to relax.
- In the original anime, Pegasus stares at Chibiusa in silent after telling her that waiting and believing is one form love can take. A longer speech which included how Usagi should control her jealosy was added in the English dubbed episode to fill that scene.
- This episode marks the final appearances of Yuuichirou Kumada and Grandpa Hino.
- Yuichirou is shown to be jealous towards Mamoru Chiba when he stays at the Hikawa Shrine. Although, Rei has a crush on Mamoru in the first season.
- Despite the fight between Rei and Usagi who dresses as a kunoichi because of Mamoru, they are soon reconciled their friendship in the end when Usagi as Super Sailor Moon rescues her after being victimized by Tiger's Eye.
- In the end of the episode both Usagi and Rei became angered towards both Mamoru and Yuichirou because of their activities which Yuichirou apologizes to Rei because of her grandfather's chores while Mamoru also apologizes to both Usagi and Chibiusa for not helping them defeating the Lemure.