“Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S:”
|Bishoujo Senshi SEERAA MUUN S|
3 (Sailor Moon S)
December 4, 1994
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
“Sailor Moon S Movie: Hearts in Ice”
May 23, 2000
The Sailor Moon S movie was the second Sailor Moon movie, first released in Japan in 1994. The movie was dubbed into English by DiC, who released it in two versions. The first version aired on television and was released on VHS, and included DiC's music and censorship to the Sailor Senshi transformations. The second version was released on DVD and was uncut with most of the original music, though it still used the opening song from the dub with the English-language track.
An unusual snow storm hits the town and the Sailor Senshi discover that the evil Princess Snow Kaguya wants to freeze the entire Earth. The Inner Senshi, with the help of the Outer Senshi, must defeat her. Meanwhile, Luna falls in love with a human astronomer named Kakeru Ozora whose girlfriend, Himeko Nayotake, is an astronaut about to go into space. Kakeru becomes ill and Luna wishes she could be a human to help him.
- This movie was based on "Kaguya-hime no Koibito," and was the only one of the three Sailor Moon movies based on the manga.
- This movie featured a tailor-made astronaut's helmet for Usagi, which had two small spheres protruding from the helmet to accommodate her odango.
- In some of the shots during the fight with Princess Snow Kaguya, Sailor Pluto's sailor fuku mistakenly had shoulder pads attached to it.
- In this movie Luna's human form was seen for the first and only time in the anime. Silver Crystal Power was also used for the first and only time in this movie.
- Due to the presence of the Outer Senshi, Chibiusa, and the Holy Grail, as well as the winter break being mentioned, this movie likely took place sometime around episode 122.
- In the English dub, the song "Moonlight Destiny" was replaced with "Nothing At All."
- Luna's transformation into her human form was partially cut from the English dub.