The goal of the game is for the player to obtain the three Talismans before their opponent. The player gathers the Talismans by clearing blocks between it and the bottom of the game board. All of the heroes from Sailor Moon S are playable and have different abilities.
The play area is comprised of a series of columns, twelve split between the two players. Typical pieces are colored hearts, but there are also special items hidden among them.
- Sky blue hearts - Unknown items until they are revealed by the player or the player used a special item. They can be destroyed when colored hearts sharing a border with them were destroyed. The colored hearts were pink, yellow, green, or blue and can be destroyed by selecting a section of two or more of the same color bordering each other.
- Wands - Wands are used to activate a character's special power. The special powers each have unique effects on the opponent's side of the play area, sometimes they destroy all Daimons on the player's side.
- Arrows - Arrows can be shot to the direction to which they point to destroy all hearts they pass, but cannot destroy talismans or hatched Daimons.
- Daimons begin as eggs, and hatch gradually over an undisclosed period of time. They cannot be destroyed by normal means, and cannot be turned back into sky blue hearts after hatching. If a Talisman comes into contact with a hatched Daimon, both it and the Daimon disappear. If a Daimon is on the play area when the player activates a wand, it destroys the Daimon instead of using the character's special move on the opponent.
- Silver Crystals accomplish different things depending on what color heart they were used with.
- Pink hearts turn over all the opponent's hearts, making them sky blue, a useful tactic for slowing down the opponent.
- Blue hearts turn over all of the player's hearts, which helps the player quickly clear their board.
- Yellow hearts remov the bottom row of the player's side of the board; this can be used to remove Daimons (and their eggs), as well as drop a talisman on the board into the player's possession.
- Green hearts switches the player's rightmost column with their opponent's leftmost column; this could be used to give the player's opponent's the player's Daimons, and can also be used to prevent the opponent from obtaining a talisman, as the talisman will disappear when the columns switched.
- Brooches, when combined with a colored heart, removes all hearts of that color from the player's board.
- Sailor Moon: She randomly destroys a group of blocks on the opponent's side of the board.
- Sailor Mercury: She can freeze all sky blue hearts on the opponent's side of the board for several seconds, forcing them to work with only the already revealed pieces.
- Sailor Mars: She sends fire to destroy random blocks on the opponent's side.
- Sailor Jupiter: She electrifies all hearts of a random color, except sky blue, turning them into an "electrified" sky blue that could not be destroyed except by arrows until the electricity went away.
- Sailor Venus: She destroys random special blocks, including Daimons and talismans, on the opponent's side. It was possibly the most useful special power because the player could be sure of destroying an opponent's talisman.
- Tuxedo Mask: His character sprite jumps into the middle of the opponent's side and stayed there for a while. This causes computers opponents to avoid the area until he was gone, but the technique is fairly useless against any human player who was paying attention.
- Sailor Chibi Moon: She creates an umbrella in the place of a random block on the opponent's side. When the blocks under it are destroyed, nothing falls to take their place while the umbrella is there.
- Sailor Neptune: She stops new blocks from falling onto the opponent's screen for a time, leaving them only with what is already there.
- Sailor Uranus: She eliminates everything in a column on the opponent's side, leaving it empty for a time.
- Sailor Pluto: She takes the opponent's column along the center line as her own for a time, reducing the opponent's play area while increasing hers.
- Sailor Saturn: A hidden character, she creates three Daimon Eggs on the opponent's side that would hatch like normal.
- Super Sailor Moon: Another hidden character, destroys a larger group of blocks. While this could be useful, it is very unreliable and can just as easily help the opponent as hinder.
- "Kuru kurin" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for "spinning".