|Moon Princess Halation |
|Romanji:||Muun Purinsesu Hareeshon|
|Items Used:||Cutie Moon Rod|
Spiral Heart Moon Rod (musicals only)
|Upgraded Attack:||Double Moon Princess Halation (with Sailor Chibi Moon)|
|Anime:||A New Transformation! Usagi Powers Up|
|Sera Myu:||Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ~ An Alternate Legend - Dark Kingdom Revival Story|
To perform the attack, Sailor Moon uses the Cutie Moon Rod, generating several powerful moonlight-based blasts that are projected in different directions.
Manga Series and Crystal
In the manga and Sailor Moon Crystal, Moon Princess Halation was first used in Act 15 to destroy Koan.
Two types of monsters fell victim to the attack: Cardians and Droids. The Cardians would disintegrate/vanish, leaving only their card (which would go blank), not unlike the Cardians that were destroyed in any other way (even Moon Tiara Action), and the droids' outside color would shatter into pieces, turning them a light blue color and causing them to crumble into dust and vanish, leaving only a gem they had placed on some part of their body, which would turn colorless.
When Chibiusa destroyed Rubeus's source of power, Sailor Moon hit him directly with Moon Princess Halation, but this did not kill him; instead, it slammed him into the wall. The attack was powerful enough, however, to destroy Esmeraude when she was in dragon form, though admittedly at the time she had been stunned by Tuxedo Mask when he threw a rose at her crown.
In the first episode of the third season, Sailor Moon used this attack only once against Mikuji but was ineffective. It was replaced in the next episode with the much stronger Moon Spiral Heart Attack.
Sailor Moon first used Moon Princess Halation to kill Queen Beryl in the first musical called Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ~ An Alternate Legend - Dark Kingdom Revival Story.
- In the first North American dub version of the series, it was first called Moon Scepter Elimination.
- In the first North American dub of the R movie, it was called Moon Princess Elimination and The ADV box set of Sailor Moon R mistakenly subtitled this attack as that name
- The word "halation" refers to light spreading to surround something as if making a halo about it. The word was first used by early photographers to refer to light blurring and bleeding into shadows in an image.
- Usagi also used this attack as a healing move to purify the Makaiju.
- In the musical Shin / Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi - Last Dracul Jokyoku, Usagi and Chibiusa used this attack together with the talismans of the Outer Sailor Senshi to purify the Inner Senshi after they had become vampires.