| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Sailor Jupiter is one of the five original Inner Sailor Senshi of the Solar System, and was the fifth Sailor Senshi to be introduced in the manga. Her civilian identity is Makoto Kino. Her attacks are based around electricity and plants, as well as physical strength. This is the original depiction of the character created by Naoko Takeuchi.
Super Sailor Jupiter
Eternal Sailor Jupiter
Dark Kingdom arc
Makoto first transformed into Sailor Jupiter in Act 5. She was about to leave Game Center Crown and was getting a drink from a vending machine before a Youma disguised as Motoki Furuhata shows up and tells her that "he" loves her. Mamoru Chiba saw this and changed into Tuxedo Mask to go warn Usagi and the others. When Usagi and the other Senshi arrive, they see the Youma transform back into its original form. Usagi then disguises herself as a groom with her Disguise Pen, distracted the Youma, and then transformed into Sailor Moon, along with the others transforming too. When Makoto realizes that it was all a trick, she gets mad and picks up the Youma. Makoto transforms into Sailor Jupiter and destroys Nephrite with Jupiter Thunderbolt.
Black Moon arc
- Jupiter Power, Make Up!
- Jupiter Star Power, Make Up
- Jupiter Planet Power, Make Up
- Jupiter Crystal Power, Make Up
Weapons and Items
- Transformation Pen
- Star Power Stick
- Jupiter Crystal
- Thunder and Lightning Antenna
- Leaves of Oak
- Rose Earrings
- Rose Belt
- Flower Hurricane
- Jupiter Thunderbolt
- Supreme Thunder
- Sparkling Wide Pressure
- Jupiter Coconut Cyclone
- Jupiter Oak Evolution
- Sailor Planet Attack
- Sailor Planet Power
- Galactica Gale
- Galactica Planet Attack
- Jupiter Kick
- Lightning Knuckle
- Jupiter Double Axel
- Lightning Strike
- Giant Swing
Like the other Senshi's earlier costumes, Jupiter's was fully unique. It featured buckles, long gloves, blue and yellow highlights, a bare lower torso, a profusion of thin, dark pink ribbons, a face-plate and communicator. In other artworks, the outfit looked the same as the final product outfit but with a couple of differences, such as the addition of a belt (which was later added in when the manga was re-released) and the fact that she only wore one glove.
Naoko Takeuchi later told the animators of the anime to make Makoto appear muscular and "a little meatier than normal".
- The planet Jupiter is known for its horrific storms. The Big Red Spot is actually an anticyclone storm.
- This may be the reason for Sailor Jupiter's lightning powers.
- In addition, Jupiter, the king of the Roman gods, was known for throwing lightning bolts.
- While Sailor Jupiter is part of the Inner Senshi, it should be noted that Jupiter is actually part of the Outer Solar System rather than the Inner Solar System.
- Sailor Jupiter's Ayakashi Sister counterpart was Petz. Her Witches 5 counterpart was Tellu. Her Sailor Quartet counterpart was JunJun/Sailor Juno. The Shitennou general she's paired up with in Takeuchi's artwork is Nephrite.