Haruna Sakurada is Usagi Tsukino's teacher during middle school. She is an English teacher who works at Juban Public Middle School.
Nomenclature & Etymology
Haruna's first name contains the characters 春 (haru) and 菜 (na). The former means "spring" while the latter can mean "greens" or "vegtables". The characters of her surname are 桜 (sakura) and 田 (da), with the first meaning "cherry tree" or "cherry blossom" and the second meaning "rice field".
Haruna had the same appearance as her manga counterpart, but only with a few changes. In the anime, Haruna's hair color was a reddish brown rather than light brown/blond. Her eyes were also blue rather than hazel.
She is a public middle school teacher who often lectures Usagi for her laziness. Haruna also intends to find a husband, which makes her an easy target for the Dark Kingdom during the first arc. She often engages in seemingly childish things in this regard as well. She appears less frequently as the series progresses, and is never seen after Usagi and her friends start a new school year.
According to a translation of an anime fanbook, several things are revealed about Haruna:
- She has a mother, father, and a sister.
- Her blood type is O.
- Her hobby is handicrafts.
- Her favorite color is lilac.
- Her favorite subject is English, and her least favorite is biology.
- Her favorite food is peaches, and her least favorite is snapping turtle.
- She hopes to go to Vienna.
- She has a fear of snakes.