|Duty or Friendship: Conflict Between the Sailor Guardians|
Shimei to yuujou no hazama! Seera Senshi-tachi no tairitsu
|Episode:||EP 189, Season 5|
|Air Date (JP):||October 19, 1996|
|Written by:||Genki Yoshimura|
|Directed by:||Harume Kosaka|
|Featured Monster:||Sailor DJ|
|North American Dub|
Invitation to Terror: Usagi's Night Flight
Truth Revealed: The Star Lights' Past
"Duty or Friendship: Conflict Between the Sailor Guardians" was the 23rd episode of the fifth season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 189th of the overall series. It aired in Japan on October 19, 1996.
Changes From the Manga
- In the manga, there was a degree of mistrust between the groups as the Solar System Sailor Guardians could not tell if the Starlights were genuine Sailor Senshi or not, but after they proved they were, there was no more conflict between the two groups.
- After the Sailor Guardians identities were revealed, the Three Lights continued going to school.
- Although Seiya and Usagi cared about each other, they weren't as close in the manga as they were in the anime.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Usagi is at school upset about Seiya, the original background music is a sad, melancholic song. The Mexican dub changed the song to a more cheerful one. The scene, however, was kept intact.
- In the Mexican dub, "Towards the Shooting Star" was completely removed. In order to replace it, an instrumental song was played.
- Sailor Mars used Mars Flame Sniper for the last time in the anime.
- The third and final animation sequence of Star Gentle Uterus was first featured in this episode.
- When Seiya autographed a board after the radio show ended, his signature was in fact Shiho Niiyama's, Seiya's Japanese voice actress in the anime.
- FM No. 10 is the same radio station that appeared in episode 3.