Cosmic Heart Compact
Kozumikku Haato Konpakuto
Transforming into Sailor Moon
Act 26 Replay - Never Ending (manga and Crystal)
The Cosmic Heart Compact is the third transformation brooch given to Usagi Tsukino in order to transform into Sailor Moon. It was given to her in episode 91 along with the Spiral Heart Moon Rod. In order to transform, she shouts Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up.
- Main article: Heart Moon Brooch
The newly awakened Neo-Queen Serenity grants Sailor Moon this new broach, when the previous one was destroyed fighting Death Phantom, to allow Usagi to become Sailor Moon.
In Act 27, Usagi uses it for the first time to battle a new enemy that has appeared.
In some instances, the compact protected Usagi in certain instances, like protected her from Cyprine's mind control, and it also created a floating barrier when attacks by the newly awakened Mistress 9.
- The Sailor Moon S Nakayoshi Anime Album 1 referred to this item as the "Heart Moon Compact", while the second album called the item the "Cosmic Heart Compact". The toy version released by Bandai used the latter name.
- The transformation item Usagi used in the PGSM was very similar in appearance to the Cosmic Heart Compact, but it was known as the Heart Moon Brooch.
- The brooch is also seen referenced in the South Park episode A Song of Ass and Fire. The brooch is given to Kenny McCormick by the Sony president, as a gift to transform him into a Japanese princess.
- The Cosmic Heart Compact is the first transformation compact that does not have colored jewels representing each Inner Sailor Senshi; while there are red (Mars), blue (Mercury), and green (Jupiter) gems present, there is no orange/yellow gem for Venus. There also isn't a pink gem representing Sailor Moon herself.