| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Act 25 Showdown - Death Phantom - (episode)
|Act.25 対決 –Death Phantom–|
|Act.25 Taiketsu -Death Phantom-|
July 4, 2015
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
Act 25 - Showdown, Death Phantom is the twenty-fifth episode of the second anime series. It aired in Japan on July 4, 2015.
With the supremely powerful Silver Crystals of the past and future in Prince Demande's hands, all is close to the point of annihilation. However, Sailor Pluto may have to pay the ultimate price to create a window of opportunity to allow Sailor Moon and the others to stop Death Phantom, and save both the past and future.
As Prince Demande brings the two Silver Crystals closer together, King Endymion admits defeat as it signifies the end of everything. As a last resort, Sailor Pluto taps into her Garnet Rod's time-based abilities and orders all of time to cease. She does it so that Usagi, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus, and Black Lady are all unaffected. The Cutie Moon Rod releases Tuxedo Mask from the evil spell controlling his mind, and an exhausted Sailor Pluto collapses.
Usagi runs to her side as Pluto recalls what Queen Serenity had told her should she ever break the third taboo: that she will, in fact, destroy herself in the process. King Endymion cannot believe how she could have been so reckless by breaking the third and greatest taboo. Pluto tells Usagi to quickly retrieve the Silver Crystals from Prince Demande's immobile grasp as time would not remain frozen for long. She does so, returns to Pluto's side, who is glad that she had been able to help. Black Lady is shocked seeing the beaten form of Sailor Pluto before her. She recalls how she, as Chibiusa, how she had befriended Pluto and how she was her one true friend and protector. Grief-stricken, Black Lady begins to cry and the Silver Crystal of the future appears, transforming her into Sailor Chibi Moon for the first time.
Now fully awakened as a Sailor Soldier, she runs to show Sailor Pluto her newest form, but Pluto does not open her eyes which saddens Chibiusa even more. Angry that Wiseman had made Chibiusa cry and forced those who should never have fought, Usagi transforms and is ready to terminate Death Phantom once and for all. She attacks with Moon Princess Halation and is joined by the others who combine their own elemental attacks. It seems that they had succeeded, however, the Malefic Black Crystal still stands. with the others, Sailor Moon finds herself being sucked into the massive energized body of Death Phantom himself and sees his true form.
Changes from the Manga
- Demande was killed by Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask via the Cutie Moon Rod's holy powers when he attempted to kill her. He did not even try to protect her from Death Phantom.
Changes from the Original Anime
- Sailor Pluto was never involved in the final showdown between Death Phantom, Tuxedo Mask, Chibiusa, and the other five Sailor Senshi. Nor did she use her forbidden time-freezing ability until the thirty-fifth episode of the third season.
- Death Phantom never turned into a massive wave of darkness; nor was he one with Nemesis itself.
- A younger Sailor Pluto was never seen in flashbacks; neither was Queen Serenity.
- Chibiusa did not officially appear as Sailor Chibi Moon until the middle of third season when she had unexpectedly returned from the future to continue her training in the twentieth century.
- Sailor Chibi Moon never had a smaller version of the Cutie Moon Rod.
- In order to destroy both Death Phantom and the dark powers of the Malefic Black Crystal, Sailor Moon became Neo Queen Serenity and Chibiusa turned into her Princess form. Both had tapped into the full strength and mystical abilities of their respective Silver Crystals and destroyed Death Phantom and the Malefic Crystal once and for all.
- Neo Queen Serenity's awakening was not shown onscreen. She spoke telepathically to Sailor Moon and Chibiusa, assuring them that were not dead, as their Silver Crystals combined strength had brought about a miracle, and that they should return to their friends. When Chibiusa finally returned to a fully restored Crystal Tokyo, the Queen lovingly hugged her daughter and welcomed her home.