| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore, we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
|A UFO Appears: The Sailor Guardians Abducted|
| UFO 出現! さらわれたS戦士達|
Yuufoo Shutsugen! Sarawareta Seeraa Senshi-tachi
|Episode:||EP 73, Season 2|
|Air Date (JP):||November 6, 1993|
|Written by:||Katsuyuki Sumizawa|
|Directed by:||Yuji Endo|
|North American Dub|
|Air Date (US):||November 30, 1998|
|DiC Title:||Rubeus Evens the Score|
Rubeus the Heartless: The Tragic Sisters
Defeat Rubeus: The Battle in Space
"A UFO Appears: The Sailor Guardians Abducted" is the 27th episode of the second season of the Sailor Moon anime, and the 73th episode overall. The episode first aired in Japan on November 6, 1993. The English dub title for this episode is "Rubeus Evens the Score", and the episode first aired in North America on November 30, 1998.
Changes From the Manga
- In the manga, Sailor Venus was never abducted by Rubeus, and the Ayakashi Sisters helped in the capture of the other Senshi.
- Sailor Mars, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter aren't abducted at the same time: Mars is captured in Act 15, Mercury, in Act 16 and Jupiter is taken away in Act 17.
- Esmeraude appeared at the very beginning of the Black Moon Arc.
- When the Senshi were abducted, they were taken to Nemesis in the future.
- Starting with this episode through the final episode of Sailor Moon R were billed as the "Lost Episodes" in the US. This is because the last 17 episodes of Sailor Moon R had a three-year gap between the first 65 episodes and them for dubbing. This is due to Sailor Moon's new time slot in 1995, which caused the show to have bad ratings and caused DiC to drop the show and they did not purchase the rights to the remaining episodes until the show's syndication on Cartoon Network because of its popularity there.
- With this episode, Vincent Corazza would take over the voice of Darien through the events of Sailor Moon R up to Sailor Moon SuperS and the three movies. When voicing Darien/Mamoru, he sounds incredibly similar to Alan/Ail's human form but when voicing Tuxedo Mask, his voice becomes deeper.
- Raye's English Dub actress Katie Griffin would be replaced by Emilie Barlow until the final episode of Sailor Moon R; then would be replaced back by Griffin for the remainder of the dubbing, though Barlow would replace Stephanie Morgenstern as Mina for the Cloverway Inc. dubbing of Sailor Moon S - Sailor Moon SuperS.
- Because of the rush to dub episodes in the original North American run on Cartoon Network, every Sailor Says segment from here on out are recycled from previous episodes.